Rasante B40 is a levelling plaster suitable for levelling uneven or mixed substrates.
Mainly used to level surfaces with different types of plaster, or plasters laid at different times, providing a uniform adhesion layer for subsequent coats or finishes.
Due to its high adhesion, low modulus of elasticity and excellent workability, it is recommended for the following applications:
- Protective-decorative finish for thermal plasters: it is the recommended finish for thermal insulation plasters, providing them better mechanical protection than general-purpose lime plasters.
- Levelling or smoothing mixed surfaces: it can be applied on top of patched, cracked or mixed surfaces surfaces, (e.g. a mix of cement, lime, natural hydraulic lime (NHL) surfaces), dating from the same or different time periods.
- Bridging plaster: it can be used on concrete surfaces (e.g. concrete slabs, beams, ceilings etc.,), acting as a bridging plaster between concrete and lime, in case a lime finish needs to be applied on a cementitious surface.
Renovation, Restoration, New build, Timber frame buildings, Straw, Hemp Blocks
Here is some key technical data. Please see technical sheet below for more information.
0 - 1 mm
Vapour diffusion resistance (μ)
Thermal conductivity (λ)
Compressive strength (N / mm²)
Adhesion (N / mm²)
Weight (kg / m³)
Consumption (kg / m² / mmthickness)
1 - 1.3
Bag weight (kg)
Water intake (l / bag)
5 - 6
Class A1 (what this means)
- Hydrated lime, with more than 90% calcium hydroxide (CL90S as per EN459-1 standard)
- NHL3.5 Hydraulic lime, desalinated white
- Natural washed river sand, free of salts and impurities
- Additives <3% (retardants and thickeners)