Holistic View on Buildings
Every building is different. Different construction, different materials, different maintenance history etc. - although amidst all these differences there are many common principles.
We investigate each building holistically. With a thorough understanding of moisture movement, new and old buildings materials and renovation practices, with a wide array of specialist tools, we get to the bottom of dampness problems, identifying and highlighting their root causes.
Our friendly surveyors explain you in plain English what's going on, how the problem developed and what needs to be done to solve it. We discuss with you in detail potential remedies and timelines to permanently solve the problem. However, as always, the choice and decision about the what and when, is ultimately yours, but we are there to assist you.
If needed, we can also provide you a comprehensive written report on the findings, recommended remedies and some estimated costs.
During this detailed 15-point survey we assess and investigate the following areas:
- The structure and condition of walls
- Building materials used
- The pointing, rendering and plastering
- Past repairs and their effect on the building, link to present problems
- The salts content of the walls, often with a professional salts analysis
- The condition of the damp proof course (DPC) if any
- Chimney problems
- The moisture content of the walls, areas affected
- Water or rainwater penetration issues
- The condition of drainage
- Condensation problems
- Potential heat bridges in the building
- Elevations, their effect onto potential moisture penetration
- Construction and condition of floors
- Cellars and basements etc.
Customer Feedback About our Surveys
Don't take our word for it. Here is what others, real people like you think about our building surveys:
Sample Reports Following our Surveys
Here are some sample reports, some of them for listed buildings, we have created following our surveys.