Holistic View on Buildings
In order to best understand what's going on in your building we offer a professional dampness survey.
This is NOT your typical quick estimate-type survey that you are likely to get from a tradesman with a pencil behind his ears. This is a very comprehensive professional survey covering the whole building.
During this detailed 15-point survey we assess the following areas:
- The condition and structure of walls
- Building materials used
- The pointing, rendering and plastering
- Past repairs, especially non-building-friendly ones
- The salts content of the walls, often with a professional salts analysis
- The condition of the damp proof course (DPC) if any
- The moisture content of the walls, areas affected
- Water or rainwater penetration issues
- The condition of drainage
- Condensation problems
- Potential heat bridges in the building
- Elevations, various level differences in/around the building
- Construction and condition of floors
- Cellars and basements etc.
Every building is different. We regard the building holistically and after the survey we sit down with you and give you an thorough overview of the findings with potential remedies to fit YOUR timeline, preferences and vision,
We also point out those solutions or approaches that we would NOT recommend which due to their "corner cutting" nature would not be suitable for your application and would not solve the problem to your satisfaction. However, as always, the choice is ultimately yours, and we are there to advise you on the potential options.
If needed, we can also provide you with a comprehensive report so you can get the facts in writing.
Customer Feedbacks About our Surveys
Don't take our word for it. Here is what others, real people like you are saying about our building surveys and free introductory work:
Sample Reports Following our Surveys
Here are some sample reports we have created following our surveys.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?